- Specific to console gaming, compatible only with Playstation® 5. Recommended installed with a heatsink (sold separately).
- Maximum Speed – Genuine PCIe 4.0 NVMe® speed (up to 7,000/5,000 MB/s for read/write speed)
- A Winning Combination – Designed for hardcore gamers and tech-savvy users, the 980 PRO offers high-performance bandwidth and throughput for heavy-duty applications in gaming, graphics, data analytics, and more. It’s fast at loading games, so you can play more and wait less.
- Efficient M.2 SSD – The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor, which can be easily plugged into desktops and laptops. Due to its size and thus optimized power efficiency, it’s ideal for building high-performance computing systems.
- Reliable Thermal Control – High-performance SSDs usually require high-performance thermal control. To ensure stable performance, the 980 PRO uses nickel coating to help manage the controller’s heat level and a heat spreader label to deliver effective thermal control of the NAND chip.
- Smart Thermal Solution – Embedded with Samsung’s cutting-edge thermal control algorithm, 980 PRO manages heat on its own to deliver durable and reliable performance, while minimizing performance fluctuations during extended usage.
- Samsung Magician Software – Unlock the full potential of 980 PRO with Samsung Magician’s advanced, yet intuitive optimization tools. Monitor drive health, optimize performance, protect valuable data, and receive important updates with Magician to ensure you’re always getting the best performance out of your SSD.
Unleash the power of the Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD for next-level computing. 980 PRO delivers 2x the data transfer rate of PCIe 3.0, while maintaining compatibility with PCIe 3.0. Get read speeds up to 7,000 MB/s¹ with 980 PRO and push the limits of what SSDs can do. Powered by a new in-house controller designed to harmonize the flash memory components and the interface for superior speed – with a PCIe 4.0² interface that’s 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 SSDs³ and 12x faster than Samsung SATA SSDs⁴ – every component of this NVMe SSD is manufactured by Samsung for performance that lasts.
- Capacity: 1TB
- Interface: PCIe® 4.0, NVMe® 1.3c
- Compatibility: PC & Playstation® 5
- Performance encryption: AES 256-bit (SED), TCG V2.0, Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667)
- Type interface:PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c
- Storage capacity: 2,000GB
- Sequential read speed: Up to 7,000 MB/s
- Sequential write speed: Up to 5,000 MB/s
- Cache memory: Samsung 1GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- Device Sleep Mode Support: Yes
- Power consumption (Idle): Max. 35 mW
- Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 million hours reliability (MTBF)
- Environmental specs shock: 1,500 G & 0.5 ms (Half sine)
- Form factor product: M.2 (2280) Encryption: AES 256-bit Full Disk Encryption, TCG/Opal V2.0, Encrypted Drive (IEEE1667) Compatibility: 980 PRO is backward compatible with PCIe® 3.0. Sequential performances (up to): 3500MB/s for reads, 3450MB/s (1TB) for writes. Random (up to): 690K IOPS (500GB/1TB) for reads, 660K IOPS (1TB) for writes. Warranty: Limited warranty up to 5 years.